Our Counselling Project is managed by a fully qualified Counsellor who is registered by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
Our Counsellor is here to:
- Provide one-to-one counselling in a safe environment
- Facilitate group counselling sessions
- Provide crisis counselling
- Any specific issues brought to counselling by the resident are addressed (in confidence) and together the resident and counsellor work to empower the resident so they have a greater sense of personal autonomy
- Provide the resident with a greater sense of self-understanding, self-awareness and a greater sense of well-being
- Help the resident to develop strategies and interventions to support themselves to live in a satisfying and resourceful way
- Support the resident/s with personal development
- Facilitate short courses (for residents) in personal development: Mindfulness, Who am I? and Communication skills
How you can help?
You can offer support to our residents by joining our ever growing team
We have a range of emergency kits you can buy on behalf of a resisdent
Give, fundraise or organise an event, click to see how you can help our residents