Our Advocacy and Prevention project is administered by Claire. Claire has worked in support for many years, and has much experience in health and harm minimisation.
She is here to represent the organisation and serve as an advocate for the residents..
Claire aims to provide:
- Representation for the residents views and needs with external organisations
- To liaise with and develop partnership working with other agencies
- Services aimed at the prevention or harm minimisation of risk taking behaviour
- Facilitating regular sexual health and blood borne virus screening clinics, providing rapid testing for HIV, Hepatitis C and Syphilis along with the addition of pregnancy testing, chlamydia screening and the availability of condoms
- Clinics are backed up with fast track referral services to James Cook University Hospital and Virgin Care for residents for on-going treatment or medical aftercare
- To encourage, enable and support the clients to access, receive and engage with other services
How you can help?
You can offer support to our residents by joining our ever growing team
We have a range of emergency kits you can buy on behalf of a resisdent
Give, fundraise or organise an event, click to see how you can help our residents